The Kenepuru & Central Sounds Residents Association (or KCSRA) was established in 1991 as a not-for-profit organisation to promote and act in the best interests of members. Members are residents, ratepayers and persons associated with the area.
- KCSRA believes, through the relationships the organisation has built with local and central government, a sustainable balance between industry demands and recreational use of the Sounds can be found.
- We want to preserve this iconic environment for future generations.
- KCSRA is the eyes and ears of members - a watchdog and information hub.
We work on a number of issues at any one time.
The KCSRA Committee works hard to have our roads continually maintained and improved. We regularly meet with Marlborough District Council and Marlborough Roads.
Over the years we have been successfull in lobbying for and saw various infrastructures added or improved throughout the Marlborough Sounds like floating jetties, public toilets, ski lanes etc.
The Marine Environment
The KCSRA Marine sub-committee is working tirelessly to introduce balance into the future management of the marine resource for the benefit of both the public and industry. An example of a major issue has been the survival of the Sounds Scallop resource. We are focused on persuading the Minister and MPI that non-commercial stakeholders deserve an equal say in a new and sustainable management structure for this much-valued resource.
Marlborough Environment Plan Hearings
KCSRA have been seeking a more balanced view on various aspects of the proposed new Marlborough Environment Plan. We did this by preparing extensive submissions and then by presenting at the relevant MEP hearings.
You can read our public documents and submissions as well as other general information. We have added 3 documents in the past 10 weeks:
- Submission on Harvesting and Log Barge Ramp proposal in Mills Bay in "General Submissions prepared by the Association"
- Submission on NZKS Proposed Consent Conditions- Cape Lambert in "New Salmon Farms"
- Sounds Advisory Group Meeting Notes in "Other Documents"
We are proud to have a long list of achievements:
Join our Association today
Annual Subscription is only $25. We regularly update you on progress with our KCSRA News as well as general information in our Community Info emails. Fill in the details on our contact form and transfer your subscription to our bank account at Westpac 03-0599-0536388-00. You will be issued with a membership number as soon as we have processed the payment.